Cape Cod Rail Trail: Right At Your Doorstep
Cruising the Cape Cod Rail Trail is as quintessential an Eastham experience as leaping into the cold waters at Coast Guard Beach. And, as a Town Crier guest, this fabulous bike trail could not be closer. Walk out your guest room door, hop on your bike, and pedal through the fragrant woods. Stop to gaze at a serene kettle pond or a historic landmark. Take a side road to the sea and marvel at ocean views. Hop off to snag a scoop of ice cream or jolt of java to power your peddling.
With quaint farms and shops to peruse along the way, this Cape Cod bike trail offers easy access to villages, rivers, forests, harbors, and even cranberry bogs. And, the birds and bullfrogs even provide a soundtrack along the path. Traversing seven towns from Wellfleet to Yarmouth, it’s a must-experience excursion during your stay at Town Crier.
Our Favorite Stops: Cape Cod Rail Trail
Whether you like to take it slow or peddle like the wind, this bike trail offers places to stop and refresh, or even just stretch. Most importantly, there are numerous places to refuel to help keep those legs pumping. Here are top 5 picks for places to pause and nosh along the path:
- Munch on a taco or two (or, whose kidding, three) at Guapo’s tortilla shack
- Grab an alfresco lunch on the patio at Breakwater Fish & Lobster Market
- Hit the famous Hot Chocolate Sparrow café for a sugar or caffeine injection. Great ice cream!
- Carbo load with a pastry from Eat Cake 4 Breakfast
- When you return the the motel after your exercise, refuel next door with a lobster roll (paired with crisp and creamy coleslaw) at Arnold’s Lobster & Clam Bar